- Long after people forget what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel. – Carl W. Buechner
- When you’re fully self-expressed, fully demonstrating your values and your views, you’ll naturally attract and draw to yourself those you’re best suited to work with, and you’ll push away those you’re not meant to work with.
- Marketing and sales isn’t about trying to convince, coerce, or manipulate people into buying your services. It’s about putting yourself out in front of, and offering your services to, those whom you are meant to serve — people who already need and are looking for your services.
- You must offer what your potential clients want to buy, not what you want to sell or think they should want to buy. You must be able to look at your services from your client’s perspective—their urgent needs and compelling desires.
- The greatest strategy for personal and business development on the planet is bold self-expression.
- If you don’t want to make a difference, consider making y our living as something other than a service professional. The operative word is service.
- We hear the question, “What do you do for a living?” all the time. Your professional category alone is the wrong answer.
- When you’re passionate and excited about what you do and you let it show, it’s incredibly attractive. Real passion can’t be faked and there’s nothing more appealing and convincing than knowing someone is speaking from the heart.
- Begin to think of and refer to yourself as a category authority—an expert in your field.
- You are in the business of serving other people as you stand in the service of your destiny and express yourself through your work.
- If you’ve been feeling like you can’t, or shouldn’t, be paid to do what you love, you must let that limiting belief go if you’re to be booked solid.
- A connection with another human being means that you’re in sync with, and relevant to each other. Let that be our definition of networking.
- If you feel called to share a message, it’s because there are people in the world who are waiting to hear it.
- There are certain people you’re meant to serve and others you’re not. If you can help other professionals attract business through you, you’re creating more abundance for everyone involved.
Posts Tagged ‘sales+advice’
If you’re interested…
You can see me on MSNBC’s Your Business on Sunday, January 4th. Show starts at 7:30am ET.
I’ll be interviewed on “How to boost your sales even in the worst economic periods.”
If you miss the original air date you can watch the video on the show’s website.